Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I hate Mondays

Yes, I do know it's Tuesday. But it might as well be Monday since I lost 24 productive hours.

What I'd planned to do yesterday:
Wake up early, run five miles, try to get photos of a guy claiming a work comp injury, serve a couple of subpoenas to witnesses in a slip&fall case, meet with a new client, issue reports to several existing clients, follow an allegedly cheating wife, have dinner and see Mr. & Mrs. Smith with my friend Nikki

What I actually did yesterday:
Woke up late with horribe cramps, suffered through a hormone induced headache, called in sick to work which meant cancelling several appointment, lost money by asking another company to handle the subpoena service, missed a chance to catch the cheating wife, watched 16 hours of the Lord of the Rings (that included all of the bonus features)

What I ended up doing today:
Not running because I needed to get an early start, took useless photos of the work comp claimant doing not a goddamned thing, met with the new client who decided not to hire me after all, got yelled at by the husband of the cheating wife because he followed her himself but didn't bring a camera- that was supposed to be my job, ate microwave chicken dinner at my desk in order to catch up on all of the paperwork, came home and poured a really big glass of vodka

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home