Thursday, June 16, 2005

My new set of globes

Get your minds out of the smut gutter. I didn't have breast enchancement surgery (Several men have told me I don't need to, so there).

I'm talking about art glass, spheres of hand-fired, mouth-blown molten sand that magically become stunning works of color and form. I collect paperweights, mostly, but also have a few vases and sculptures.

The ones I got today are from the Glass Eye Studio in Seattle. Each creation they make there contains ash from Mt. St. Helen's. I just bought two of the Thunderstones and they are gorgeous!

Here are some of my other favorite places to shop: Objects of Envy, the Light Opera Gallery, Caithness Glass, Crystal Mirage and Midnight Sun Designs (I'm partial to the name!). Just in case you want to get me something for my next birthday. Or for Christmas or Valentine's. Or for no reason at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home